Simple Fall Fitness Tips to Improve Your Health
Fall is not the time to let up on your fitness regime, as a matter of fact, it is a great time to get started on one if you do not have one. Fall fitness tips can help you to get started on a path to wellness, or keep you on track.
Following fall fitness tips will give you a framework to follow to make sure that you do not fall off track. Fall fitness tips will give you the ideas that you need to get in good health and stay that way.
If you have let your fitness routine slip to the wayside during the summer, you are not alone, and you can recoup your losses with these fall fitness tips. A lot of people make the mistake of waiting until the New Year to get on the fitness track.
About 80% of people that make a new year’s resolution to get fit, sadly, do not keep their resolution. If you are worried about your fitness level (shouldn’t we all be) the best time to do something about it is right now. Do not put off getting in shape, losing weight, or taking better care of your health. There is no time like the present.
These fall fitness tips will help you to get started and stick with it. Here are some tips for getting started:
- If you’re new to getting fit, see your doctor first. Get a health check-up so that your fitness journey can be more directed toward the areas that will improve your health. Before you start any fitness program you want to be sure that you are healthy enough to participate in the exercise.
- Don’t limit your fitness options. A lot of people think they only place they can exercise is in the gym. There are plenty of opportunities to exercise right outside your door. Keep an open mind.
- Getting started is the hardest step. Take baby steps.
Your first step in getting fit is ensuring that you are medically ready to make the changes that you need to make. Visit your doctor and have the necessary diagnostic tests ran. This can help you to design a fitness program that will improve your health and address any issues.
Your doctor is a great resource of information and can arrange for things like physical therapy to improve range of motion. The goal of any fitness regime should be focused on a level of complete well-being. Worrying over your health does not allow you to experience total wellness. Get checked out and follow the doctor’s recommendation for lifestyle changes.
One of the most important fall fitness tips is centered around not trying to make all the changes that you need in one week. If you need to tweak your diet, do it slowly, if you need to get up and move more, do that slowly as well. It is far better to slide into lifestyle changes than it is to jump right in and then jump out again because it was too much at one time.
Now that you got a clean bill of health, it is time to get started. Here are some fall fitness tips that will help you take some baby steps:
- Start walking more. You do not have to start off running. You just need to get up and move. Walking is a great exercise. Walk around the mall when the weather is too chilly to walk outside. Park further away from buildings to get some exercise in.
- Pack your lunch. Meal planning is vital if you want to ensure you have healthy options available. Fill tumblers with water and take them with you. Fill your lunch box with a healthy meal and snack options. It will not only ensure that you are eating well, but it will also save you some money.
- Learn to meditate. Fitness is not only about physical health. You have to take care of your mental health as well. Meditation can help to relieve stress and re-center your focus.
These fall fitness tips for getting started may seem a little mundane, but getting started is really as easy as following the steps above. There are plenty of opportunities to get some exercise besides heading to the gym. For example, walking is a great form of exercise, if you love to golf, you can easily incorporate walking. If you love nature, schedule nature hikes. You can make walking a part of any activity that you love by simply tweaking things a bit.
Let’s dispel a myth. A lot of people target the 10,000 steps a day as a measure of their fitness level. There is a huge trend where tracking your steps via a purchased fitness band is going on. The fact is there is zero scientific evidence that walking 10,000 steps a day has to be your goal.
The 10,000 steps a day to fitness is actually a rumor started by, and this is true, a man in japan that invented a personal pedometer. If you can get up to 10,000 steps a day, good for you, if you cannot, that is okay. Don’t let that daunting number of steps dissuade you from walking. Do what you can.
The experts recommend staying healthy adults should be active every day. They should rack up about 150 minutes of exercise a week. That is the recommended guidelines.
Fall Fitness Tips for Diet and Nutrition
Fitness is not only about the effort you put into exercise, it is also about what you are taking in. These fall fitness tips are focused on what you can do to improve your diet and nutrition in the fall. Fall is a very tempting time of year to fall off the wagon when it comes to your diet. These fall fitness tips will help you stay the course or get back on the wagon.
It is not your imagination, you are hungrier in the fall. Your biological cues are telling you to eat more and fill your plate up with carbs. Suddenly have a craving for Italian food in the fall? That is an evolutionary throwback to a time when food was scarce in the winter and you needed to fatten up to ready the body to deal with the lean months of winter.
Today there is no need to overindulge to promote survival. A balanced diet that is heavy with nutrient-rich foods is enough. Denying yourself your favorite foods is not going to promote staying on course. Instead of denying, try redefining your favorites.
For example, if you love pizza while you are gathering with friends and watching football, you can still do pizza, but just need to make some changes. Cutting back on the carbs by ordering thin crust, and ramping up the veggie intake by having vegetable toppings added is an easy way to enjoy pizza guilt-free.
You can still go to those fall dinner party gatherings you just have to use self-control. Better yet, consider hosting a fall dinner party, and serving foods that taste great but are good for you. There are plenty of ways that you can stick to your diet without having to miss out on gathering with friends and family or going to restaurants.
These fall fitness tips are not designed to show you how to say no to the foods you love, they are designed to show you how to incorporate the foods you love, by making the foods that you love a healthier option.
If you love pasta, choose whole wheat options. If you love rice, choose brown rice. Grill meats and fish instead of frying it. Sometimes it is not the food that you are eating but how it is prepared that is the undoing.
Here are some fall fitness tips for creating great meals that are good for you:
- Use a sugar replacement. Instead of using a cup of calorie-laden sugar in your fall baking, consider using one of the no-calorie sugar replacement options in your baking. You will never tell the difference and you can save yourself a tremendous amount of calories. Use sugar replacement in your morning coffee, and whenever else you reach for some sugar.
- Invest in an air fryer. If you love crispy fried foods, an air fryer can make it happen without the added fats. It is a great low-calorie cooking tool.
- Try almond flour or coconut flour for baking and breading on foods. White flour is dense in empty calories and carbohydrates, both of which are not good for you. Replace white flour with almond flour or coconut flour to substantially reduce caloric and carbohydrate intake. If almond flour and coconut flour are not for you, then consider using whole wheat flour or one of the other whole grain flour options. Save calories when you can.
Making simple changes can easily change your level of fitness, help you to lose weight, and more importantly feel great. When you fuel your body with the right nutrients your body rewards you with plenty of energy.
Fall fitness tips that do not include ramping up your water intake would just be amiss. You cannot talk about diet and nutrition without saying a word or two about how important it is to stay hydrated. The average adult needs about a gallon of water a day to ensure that the body is hydrated. It sounds like a lot of fluid to take in because it is, but if you make water your go-to drink throughout the day you will be surprised how easy it is to reach that gallon goal.
While you can pretty up a lot of different foods to make them more healthy there are some things you should avoid altogether is you are on a wellness journey. For example, sugary drinks can be left on the table. Carbonated beverages are also not the best option, and you will hardly miss them once they are gone.
What we drink is as important as what we eat. Carbonated drinks, sugary beverages, even fruit juices can upset your body’s natural balance. They are empty calories, and can even wear away the enamel on your teeth.
These types of drinks should be looked at as a treat, not as something that is a staple in your diet. When you are thirsty drink water. It may take a little while to get used to, but after about a week of drinking nothing but water, you will not only feel some positive changes but you will see them on the scale as well.
Bloating will occur when your body does not have enough good fluids to digest your foods. Caffeinated drinks are actually diuretics which means they remove water from your body. After a week of drinking only water, you will notice that the bloat has subsided, and your bathroom habits have regulated.
Being careful about what you put in your body will help you to get more out of your body. You will enjoy more energy, weight loss, and feeling good about yourself. Changes are coming, just follow the fall fitness tips for nutrition and diet and you will see a change a lot sooner than you expect.
Get the Family Involved
Some easy to follow fall fitness tips can get the whole family up and moving on the path to wellness. Fall is a great time to reassess everyone in the household’s fitness and start taking steps to improve it. Even pet wellness can be improved when the family moves as a team.
Here are some fall fitness tips that will help get the whole family involved:
- Make fitness fun. Set up contests. For example, pull back the area rug, and use the hardwood floors as a dance floor. Let the kids come up with dance routines ala Dancing with the Stars and let them compete for prizes.
- Get outside for a rousing game of touch football every Saturday. Take a walk as a family and design a nature scavenger hunt to keep things interesting.
- Encourage everyone to try new healthy recipes. Make one night a week the try a new healthy recipe night, of course, you do not have to tell the kids that the food is healthy.
Take the dog on walks, that benefits both you and the pup. Have a family bicycling day planned. There are so many ways everyone can get outdoors together, get some exercise in, and improve their fitness. Following the fall fitness tips is a great way to get started.