The winter season may finally be showing more sunny days, but that’s no reason to get complacent with your health.
There are always more ways to keep yourself healthier. This can extend to your diet, your day-to-day hobbies, even the medical resources you use. When you’re struggling to budget between your regular doctor and the pharmacist, doctors at an urgent care center can meet you halfway. Urgent care medicine is designed to provide quick and efficient medical attention to all kinds of moderate health issues. From deep cuts to inexplicable nausea, doctors for urgent care are always ready to go.
If you’re unfamiliar with the benefits of urgent care medicine — or simply haven’t visited a walk in clinic in a while — look below and learn more about their services.
Cuts And Burns
There will be times you can’t afford to wait for an appointment with your regular doctor. You’re bleeding or in serious pain and need help fast. Instead of turni
Millions of people are diagnosed with cancer each year, and while it is a dreaded disease, it’s not the death sentence that it used to be. Cancer treatment therapy has made leaps and bounds over the past few decades, and many cancers, when caught early, have high cure rates. What cancer treatment therapy is right for you depends on your own situation, including the type of cancer and stage it is at. That being said, there are four main treatments for all cancers: surgery, radiation, chemotherapy and gene therapy. They all have their advantages and disadvantages.
One of the best treatments for cancer is surgery. When a surgeon can fully remove a tumor, it often means a high cure rate. Among the cancers commonly treated with surgery are skin cancers, testicular cancer, breast cancer and colon cancer. The biggest benefit of surgery is the removal of the tumor, which can completely cure the cancer in many cases. Surgery also has drawbacks, however. It can lead to complications and not
You are awoken in the middle of the night by your sleepy daughter; she is complaining of severe stomach pain that is preventing her from sleeping. You and your family are enjoying a barbecue on a beautiful summer afternoon when you immediately recognize the sound of your son crying; he has fallen off of the playground and is cradling his arm. When your child is in pain, every second that goes by when he or she does not get care can feel like eternity. That is why it is so important, whether you are moving into a new neighborhood or are bringing your first child into your home, to know exactly where your pediatric urgent care center is located and what its hours are.
Your community might have a 24 hour urgent care center, an emergency facility specifically for children, or the local ER might be your closest place for urgent care. Regardless, you need to know the quickest way to the best doctors. Here are the top th
The obesity crisis is ranging on here in the United States, affecting both adults and children alike. Unfortunately, one third of adults are now overweight, with another one third medically classified as obese. This leaves only about one third of the adult population at a healthy weight. Fortunately, however, many people realize this is a considerable problem, as nearly 55% of all adults in this country alone are currently trying to lose some amount of weight.
Losing weight comes down to two main things: exercise and diet. Exercising enough is key, but consuming too many calories in your diet means that weight loss will be pretty much impossible. For most overweight or obese people, a change in diet will be key for weight loss. In some cases, exercise can even be added in later on in the game, after a newer and healthier diet is in full swing.
If you don’t have experience in cultivating a healthy diet, getting help from a nutritionist can help immensely. A nutritionist or die
Bicycles, ever since their invention in the late 1800s, have become popular worldwide for their convenience and price alike, and they can be used by customers today for any number of purposes, from commuting to visiting a local market to recreational riding (such as on mountain bikes) all the way to competitive, sanctioned bicycle races like the Tour de France. Whether a bicycle is being used for a race, going to market, or leisurely riding around on public parks and trails, a rider may want to visit a bike shop every so often, and a bike shop can be either a brick and mortar location in one’s hometown or city or even an online catalog for a particular brand of bicycles. Bike shops can offer nearly anything that a bicycle rider will need, from bike pedals to bike frames (and repair on them) to bike chains (no bike wo
Chiropractor services are a great way to minimize your discomfort, speed up healing, and make even avoid surgery. About 31 million people in the United States are experiencing back pain at any one time, and half of working people will suffer from back pain at some point during the year. Over 27 million people in the United States will seek out chiropractor services in a given year.
Those chiropractor services are doing good for people: workers who are injured on the job find themselves 28 times less likely to end up needing surgery on their spines if their first contact is with chiropractic care rather than a typical MD. Because chiropractor services are so effective, everyone of the NFL’s 32 professional teams uses chiropractors to treat injured players and provide preventative treatments to minimize the possibility of injury for players at the highest levels.
Now you know that some of the chiropractic benef
From deodorant for men to mens under eye cream to other such mens styling products, the industry for male grooming here in the United States has exploded over the course of the last few years. In fact, the data that has been gathered on the subject more than backs this up, showing that, by the time that we reach the year of 2020, now only a short period of time away, the market for male grooming (particularly in regards to shaving) here in the United States will have grown by as much as 10% when all is said and done.
After all, possessing high quality shaving supplies is an important thing indeed for many a man. The right shaving accessories can make or break an overall shaving experience, and can even impact the overall safety of one as well, leading to fewer nicks and cuts – and, of course, considerably less potential for infection. But now more than ever, people are choosing to forgo shaving en
Everyone’s health journey looks a little different.
In fact, that’s the best way to ensure you’re not accidentally going down the wrong path. Instead of simply trailing after what everyone else is doing, adding a touch of nuance to your desire to become your best self is the key. The custom weight loss program is designed to look at everything from your lifestyle to your family history, gradually stitching together the best way to help you become healthier. If this is your first time crafting a lifestyle diet plan — or you’re not even sure where to begin with improving your health — the list below is for you.
Just like there’s no one-size-fits-all shirt or pair of jeans, neither is there a health journey that’s perfect for everyone.
The Rise Of Obesity In America
An important step on your health journey is to learn the ins and outs of weight and how it contributes to your health. There’s nothing wrong with a little extra fat — it’s how
Although nearly 85% of people have experienced acne at some point in their lives, many of us wrongly assume that this skin condition affects only those in their teens. The harsh reality is that people in their 20s, 30s, 40s, 50s, and beyond can experience adult acne. Even worse, these skin problems can feel even more embarrassing when you’re past puberty. You may wonder what you’re doing wrong or why you’re plagued with zits when your peers seem to have a handle on their skin care routine. Don’t worry: you aren’t alone — and there are ways to cure what ails you.
Understanding the causes of acne can be tough. There are numerous factors that can put someone at risk for developing acne or that could cause someone to suddenly start breaking out later in life. If you’re currently struggling with adult acne, you and your local dermatologist may want to focus on at least one of the following common causes.
- Fluctuating Hormones: Hormones can play a huge role in skin issues like acne, which is why many people start to develop pimples during puberty. But that’s not the only time when blackheads, whiteheads, and pustules may occur. Many women find that they experience particularly bad bouts of acne at certain points in their menstrual cycle, during pregnancy, and/or during menopause. Other women also report that starting or discontinuing birth control pills may have a substantial effect on their skin. This isn’t to say that men can’t experience adult acne related to hormones, but it’s often a more common cause for women.
- Stress Levels: Skin experts will tell you that this point is actually related to the first cause of acne, as the amount of stress we feel correlates to certain hormones released in our bodies. When we’re stressed, our adrenal gland produces more cortisol. While this hormone helps us deal with the stress, it also stimulates our oil glands — and that can result in acne development. Physical stress to the skin from dehydration, pollution, irritants, illness, lack of sleep, or harsh weather can also cause acne flare-ups. Although you may not be able to eliminate stress entirely from your life, you can learn to recognize your triggers and take steps to mediate your stress levels (in addition to any topical or pharmaceutical treatments your dermatologist may recommend) for the sake of your skin.
- Personal Care Products: You may love the smell of that new shampoo or might like the feel of your new facial cleanser. But unfortunately, your choice in care products could be doing you dirty. In fact, many products supposedly formulated for fighting acne can be immensely irritating for people and can make matters worse! When you purchase personal care items, you should always check the label to ensure the product is non-comedogenic and oil-free (water-based is best). It should not clog pores and you may want to steer clear of strongly fragranced products, as this can irritate sensitive skin. Your dermatologist can probably recommend some excellent alternatives for any products you’ll have to stop using.
- Certain Medications: Every medication comes with a set of side effects. There are, unfortunately, some medications that may cause adult acne in patients. Antidepressants, epilepsy medications, and other necessary pharmaceuticals can lead to breakouts. Talk with your doctor to assess whether your current medication can cause acne and whether there might be an alternative that could be just as effective without causing skin issues. If there’s no other option, your dermatologist can likely help to treat your adult acne while you stay on your current medication.
- Genetics: Finally, the cause of your adult acne could come down to simple genetics. Some people are more likely to have acne than others. If others in your family have experienced it, you may be predisposed to this skin condition. That doesn’t mean it can’t be treated, however. Your dermatologist can come up with a strategy that will tackle your acne, even if it’s not linked to any easily identifiable cause.
Struggling with acne as an adult can make you feel self-conscious, but there’s no reason to be embarrassed. By talking to your dermatologist about treating your acne, you can gain an amazing amount of self-confidence. For more information, contact us today.
Exercise is hugely important to just about everyone, here in the United States and everywhere beyond it as well. When you exercise you’re able to strengthen your body and improve your endurance. You reduce your overall risk of developing various diseases and other such health concerns. You even can improve your overall mood and mental state.
However, far too few people are able to exercise (or choose to exercise) as much as they should be. In fact, less than half of all adult people in the United States are getting as much exercise as they should be over the course of just one week. In addition to this, no more than 5% of this same population of people are being physically active for even just 30 minutes on a daily basis.
So it’s no huge surprise, really, that up to one third of all people in the United States are overweight and another one third are medically classified as obese. In fact, less than half of the adult population has been found to have a healthy weight and BMI