How Exactly Does Acupuncture Work to Relieve Pain
If you’re wondering how acupuncture relieves pain, you are not alone! Lots of people are questioning if it does relieve pain. Learn more about acupuncture down below.
Acupuncture work in two ways:
1. Endogenous Opiate Release
2. Down Modulation of Sympathetic Up-Regulation
In simpler terms, it allows the body to release naturally-occurring pain killers and naturally occurring feel-good chemicals and helps to relax the nervous system.
It calms that fight or flight response and helps loosen up your entire body.
It also helps in blood circulation and healing. It also helps with healing and pain.
Benefits of Acupuncture:
1. One of the benefits of acupuncture is combining it with other treatments to help further improve the well-being and pain tolerance of the body.
2. You can benefit from acupuncture if you have been experiencing chronic pain, headaches, or migraine. However, you would want someone that is a licensed physician to perform acupuncture for you.
3. There’s a little-to-no risk that involves this type of method.
4. The treatment is flexible and quickly targets different body parts as there are hundreds of acupuncture points throughout the body.
What to expect?
First, the physician examines several body parts to assess whether you are a candidate for this treatment. After that, they will slowly insert these tiny little needles into different points in the body. Once all needles are in place, you will need to stay in place for the next hour or so.