The use of platelet rich plasma (PRP) injections involves using a portion of the patient’s own blood to create a platelet concentration above baseline in an effort to promote healing of injured tendons, ligaments, joints, and muscles. This process can also be applied to various musculoskeletal problems. The reasoning behind the process is that your platelets are what help your body heal when it is injured. The theory then is that PRP injections is that this regeneration process will occur automatically, sometimes to heal a torn ligament and other times to add vibrancy to aging skin.
Whether you are considering a PRP face lift procedure or the intriguingly named vampire breast lift, it is important to take a minute to understand the variety of processes that are available.
Various Processes Can Help You Look as Young as You Feel
PRP treatments involve the process of drawing blood, spinning it in a centrifuge to dislodge platelets from the white and red blood cells and then reinject what a growing number of doctors consider to be liquid gold back into the desired areas.
It was not until the last 10 years when PRP treatments were commonly used for rehabilitative purposes as a way to get some of the world’s top athletes back in action. These same techniques have also been used to help improve the look of a person’s eye lids, cheeks, and necks.
In addition, the PRP face lift procedure and its rehabilitative, post-injury success led Dr. Charles Runels to consider other potential areas of the body that could benefit from the treatments. As a result, Runels trademarked the Vampire Facial as early as the year 2011.
Vampire breast lift procedures soon followed once a student of Runels began exploring other possibilities. This student, Dr. Carolyn DeLucia, studied the effects of the Vampire Facial and experimented with other ways PRP breast lift procedures might work. The expanded number of cosmetic procedures involving PRP injections have been shown to improve the shape of the breasts, as well as achieve breast augmentation without a surgery that is invasive.
Consider some of these statistics about the cosmetic procedure industry and the ways that PRP face lift procedures impact the nation’s economy:
- 15.9 million surgical and minimally-invasive cosmetic procedures were performed in the U.S. in 2015, a 2 percent increase over 2014, according to the annual plastic surgery procedural statistics.
- $2,45 billion is the annual revenue of the botox industry in America.
- Breast lift procedures are growing at twice the rate of breast implant surgeries, according to new plastic surgery statistics released by the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS).
- Noninvasive, quick recovery treatments continue to grow in popularity.
- In no more than 15 minutes, the doctor draws patients’ blood, extracts platelet-rich plasma (PRP) from their blood, and then injects it back into their breasts, in the vampire breast lift procedure.
As scientists and doctors continue to expand the number of noninvasive cosmetic procedures that are available, a growing number of Americans may be able to find a way to reclaim the youthful looks that they desire.
Trackback from your site.