Archive for August 24, 2019
Wheelchairs are important in leading a self-reliant lifestyle for injured or disabled individuals. In the US, a staggering 3.6 million people above the age of 15 use a wheelchair and still live an active lifestyle. With that in mind, wheelchair users need to maintain their wheelchairs correctly for smoother rides and to make their wheelchairs last longer.
This piece will highlight the best practices for maintaining your wheelchair for increased accessibility and a more self-reliant way of life. But first, you’ll need a couple of tools to help you out.
These tools include but are not limited to:-
- A bicycle pump for inflating your wheelchair tires.
- An adjustable wrench for removing and tightening nuts and bolts
- A screwdriver for removing and tightening screws
- A spoke wrench for adjusting tension in the wheelchair spokes
- A metal file to sharpen certain wheelchair parts